Honda Marine requires certain personal information about the purchaser of each Honda Marine engine. This is required for warranty and so that we can contact owners in the event there is a safety recall issued by the manufacturer. Personal information may also be collected by Honda Marine through promotions, competitions and consumer queries including queries made online through Honda Marine’s website. By filling out the Honda Marine Contact Us and Product Enquiry form you will be automatically subscribed to the Honda Marine database to receive the latest product and industry news from Honda Marine. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for vehicles;
- your demographics and interests;
- details of any prizes you may have won;
- a record of any queries you have made.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, Honda Marine collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Honda Marine, its engines, reminders for servicing, safety, promotions, competitions and other marketing activities
- to reward you for being a Honda Marine customer;
- to inform you of Honda Marine models and information we think you might be interested in;
- to approve transactions you wish to make;
- to confirm your identity;
- to provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make.
STORAGE, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Honda Marine is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that Honda Marine holds. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information contact Honda Marine's Privacy Officer email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Honda Marine does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Honda Marine outsources certain business functions to other organizations. For the purpose of providing services to Honda Marine, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our associated companies;
- organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies;
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers;
- government or statutory authorities.
Honda Marine may use Google Remarketing as a method of targeting our advertising. Remarketing is a way for us to connect with visitors, based upon their past interactions with Honda Marine's website(s).
Alternatively you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.